- EDITING / PROOFREADING
- LAYOUT / DTP
Mr Nuhu Bakari is a native Kiswahili expert specialized in lexicography and translation. He is a qualified translator/interpreter with Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) in Kiswahili & Communication and Master of Arts Degree (MA) in Translation, both from the University of Nairobi (UoN).
Bakari has exceptional and excellent translation, interpersonal and networking skills spanning over 15 years, especially in managing translations/interpretation and communication related activities. Equipped with high level language skill-pack in providing reliable, efficient and accurate translation services for corporate, local and international organizations, he feels confident and empowered to meet and surpass all clients’ expectations for any translation role.
He has a splendid background in successfully Swahili training (in class and private), translating and interpreting business in the areas of; ICT, legal, human rights, strategy, business development, telecommunications, localization, international, health care, speeches and contracts, corporate and banking materials.
He is currently managing Global Languages Masters (GLM) and also serves as a Swahili trainer and Freelance translator. He also works as a consultant for Royal Media Services (Citizen TV), Co-presenting a Kiswahili Show famously known as ‘Longalonga’ airing every Friday evening.
The highlights of Bakari’s experience include the following:
• Formulating guidelines and instructions to manage and govern translation, revision and editing, script writing, glossary and terminology development for the work place
• Delivering excellent translation services while meeting all requirements and deadlines for the clientele
• Ensuring seamless style, context, and overall meaning in the target language for all translated materials while applying proper language parameters such as grammar, syntax, semantics, and appropriate terminology
• Maintaining stringent confidentiality concerning both local and international clients and translated materials.
• Adhering to the highest level of integrity and ethical standards in all translation undertakings
• Planning and overseeing the daily translation programming
- ARTS AND HUMANITIES - SCIENCES - PERSONAL AND COMMERCIAL CORRESPONDENCE - SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT - ECONOMICS AND FINANCE - EDUCATION - ENERGY / POWER / OIL AND NATURAL GAS - ELECTRONICS - PHARMACEUTICALS - GENERAL - FOOD AND BEVERAGES - COMPUTING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY - ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION - INVESTMENT AND BANKING - LEGAL - LITERATURE - INDUSTRY - MEDICINE AND HEALTH - ENVIRONMENT AND ECOLOGY - AUDIOVISUAL MEDIA - BUSINESS AND INSURANCE - JOURNALISM - RELIGION - TRANSPORT AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS - TOURISM AND TRAVEL
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
EAST AFRICA INTERPRETERS & TRANSLATORS ASSOCIATION (EAITA)