- ENGLISH - SPANISH
- EDITING / PROOFREADING
- Diploma in Community Interpreting – Level 6
- BA in Translation, specialist Law (UCA)
- BA in Expert Accountancy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Certificate TESOL
- ARTS AND HUMANITIES - BUSINESS AND INSURANCE - EDUCATION - LEGAL - MEDICINE AND HEALTH - PHARMACEUTICALS - RELIGION - TOURISM AND TRAVEL
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
I pride myself on providing nothing less than the highest quality translation and interpreting services between English andSpanish. I have over 30 years experience in this field and can guarantee you a service of the highest calibre. I was born and raised in Argentina where I lived for 25 years when I moved to NorthernSpain where I lived for 11 years. I have lived in the UK since 1999. This has further expanded my ability to assess and evaluate text whilst accurately translating its meaning. It also allows me to respect the cultural background and idiomatic nuances of the country and the individuals to whom the translation is targeted. Being able to speak a language fluently does not make one a translator. I am passionate about my profession and know that it is paramount that translations should be done by qualified and experienced professionals who understand not only the language, but also the culture of the countries where the languages are spoken. I ardently believe in the need to liaise effectively and work efficiently alongside clients throughout the translation process so they remain in control of the work they have left in my care.
I am a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (Chartered Linguist) and of IAPTI.
I am skilled in using the following software:
- SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance Plus / Passolo 2011
- Alchemy Catalyst
- Heartsome Studio
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)