- CHINESE - ENGLISH
- CHINESE - VIETNAMESE
- ENGLISH - VIETNAMESE
- VIETNAMESE - ENGLISH
- VIETNAMESE - CHINESE
- EDITING / PROOFREADING
Multilingual – hardworking, self-motivated confident and responsible, sound communications & inter-personal skills, with an articulate and outgoing personality. Enjoys new challenges and seeing them through to completion with success. Fluency in 4 languages who adapt well to new situations and has consistently worked effectively as a team member, together with methodical approach, able to remain calm under pressures, and above all professionalism attitude/can do ethic.
Interpreter/Translator/Consultant Linguist 1994 – to date and ongoing
• Provide Interpretations and Translation of interviews, hearings and trials; précis and recording transcriptions, legal documents mostly to Public Bodies, Courts and Tribunals, Local Authorities and Health or other Agencies/Organizations
• Voice-Overs for training software, videos and conferences, review text and assist in documents examinations
Translate official documents; Birth/Death and Marriage certificates, Property Ownership/Transactions, Health & Safety and Food Handling Safety Guide-lines, Criminal Trial statements/précis/judgments and rulings, Transcribe Tape recordings.
Production Controller Second Nature Ltd. 1995 – 1997
Malton Road, London W10
• Responsible for Controlling/Coordinating (using Mandarin & Cantonese) the Production of Greeting Cards and Christmas Season/Occasions gifts; Purchasing and Liaisses with Customers/Suppliers all over the three continents; Ordering Corrugated paper from supplier in Korea, Foam designs in Hong Kong, Patch Works in Thailand, Liaisses with Freelance Artists/Designers in The U.K, Requesting/Chasing Paints from Taiwan, Monitoring Production Factory in China, Shipments/Freights for Customers ordering from Germany, Sweden, Canada, US, Australia & New Zealand. Using Excel and Describe. i.e Stock and Database Systems to papers, envelopes, raw materials and constituent parts. Monitor stock levels/deliveries and processing export orders, planning production schedules, negotiate with freight forwarders and arrange shipments for goods to be send to customers, handled logistics; Freights/Shipments.
Insurance Broker Asia Insurance Brokers Ltd. 1993 – 1995
Japan England Insurance Group
64-66 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7HS
• First point of contact; deals with enquiry lines on Quotations and Claims. Supporting and coordinate with other Directors/Managers for large accounts of Asian and Taiwanese investments/enterprises (Chunghua Picture Tube [UK] Ltd., Dimerco Express [Freight] Ltd., Shanghai Overseas Banking Ltd.,) First Bank of Taiwan, Sumitomo Bank in the U.K and Europe by preparing presentations, handle correspondences (Translations), organize hospitality receptions, Interpret for and accompanying delegates and guests visitors during their visit to the U.K, using Powerpoint Presentation package and Quotation systems to arrange Insurance covers such as Contractors All Risks, Office, Motor Fleet, Marine Cargo, Construction All Risk, Credits and Group Travels Insurances. Also provided Insurance Covers on personal line to individual clients.
International Sales Executive Cornhill Publications PLC 1992 – 1993
• Selling ad. spaces to Asia Pacific Region on Commercial/Industrial Publications, Trade Guides Conferences and Exhibitions Stands. Using Who’s Who, Datastreams System, Dun & Bradsheet to search for companies, enterprises to generate leads and target pitch on China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia Traders/Exporters.
Financial Consultant Commercial Financial Services Ltd. 1990 – 1992
Merchantile Branch of CU Group
95 The Aldwych, Royal Court
• Provide advice and consultancy on mortgage and life assurances, pensions, unit/ investment trusts, Bond, PEPs, Commercial and Bridging Loans, arranged finances (business loans) for mainly Chinese & Indo-Chinese (South-East Asia) clients utilizing possessed languages and knowledge of culture as one of the advantages to target this segment of the market in providing Insurance covers of Keyman Policy, Commercial Combined, Motor & Motor fleet, Factory & Offices and other financial planning. Promote and sell Private Medical Insurance, School Fees Planning and arranging Property/Hire-Purchase and other Finances to private & corporate clients.
- ARTS AND HUMANITIES - BUSINESS AND INSURANCE - ECONOMICS AND FINANCE - FOOD AND BEVERAGES - GENERAL - INVESTMENT AND BANKING - LEGAL - MEDICINE AND HEALTH - PERSONAL AND COMMERCIAL CORRESPONDENCE - SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT - TOURISM AND TRAVEL
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Chartered Institute of Linguists, National Register of Public Service Interpreters, Border (Force) Agency/Immigrations & Visas/Home Office Panel Linguist Member
To be followed soon.